* Two mu4e issues
@ 2014-11-04  3:26 Mi Nombre
From: Mi Nombre @ 2014-11-04  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello!

1) Autocomplete for contacts for mu4e is not working for me. I think it may be because of yasnippet but I'm not sure.

C-h c TAB

shows yas-expand when I'm in "To:" field.

2) My sent "folder" it's empty. This is my configuration:

(setq mu4e-sent-folder   "\[Gmail].Enviados")

(setq
 mu4e-update-interval 600
 mu4e-sent-messages-behavior 'delete
 mu4e-headers-skip-duplicates t
 mu4e-headers-auto-update t
 mu4e-compose-complete-addresses t
 )

If I enter to my Maildir/[Gmail].Enviados/cur folder I see a list of files (messages). So why is mu4e not showing those messages?

Thanks in advance!

* Re: Two mu4e issues
@ 2014-11-04  3:36 ` Mi Nombre
From: Mi Nombre @ 2014-11-04  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

El martes, 4 de noviembre de 2014 00:26:14 UTC-3, Mi Nombre escribió:
> Hello!
>
> 1) Autocomplete for contacts for mu4e is not working for me. I think it may be because of yasnippet but I'm not sure.
>
> C-h c TAB
>
> shows yas-expand when I'm in "To:" field.

If I execute "message-tab" function nothing seems to happen. I don't get anything neither in the compose buffer or in the *Messages* buffer.

* Re: Two mu4e issues
@ 2014-11-04  3:58   ` Jorge Araya Navarro
From: Jorge Araya Navarro @ 2014-11-04  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mi Nombre; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hello!

I'm a user of Mu4e, however, I don't use GMail but my own server. You should read this guide[1] if you haven't
done that already.

[1]: http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/Gmail-configuration.html

--
Pax et bonum.
Jorge Araya Navarro.

* Re: Two mu4e issues
@ 2014-11-04  4:07     ` Hugo M
From: Hugo M @ 2014-11-04  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge Araya Navarro; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hey, thanks for the help!

I think I've followed that guide when I set up my configuration... all
paramenters are similar to what I have in my .emacs (everything works fine
except for sent emails and autocomplete when composing). The only
difference is that in my Gmail account the labels (Sent, Trash, etc.) are
in spanish.

[image: Hugo Massaroli on about.me]

Hugo Massaroli
about.me/hugo.massaroli
    <http://about.me/hugo.massaroli>

@ 2014-11-04  6:58 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2014-11-04  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Mi Nombre <ham1988@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> 1) Autocomplete for contacts for mu4e is not working for me. I think it may be because of yasnippet but I'm not sure.
>
> C-h c TAB
>
> shows yas-expand when I'm in "To:" field.

Does this thread help?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mu-discuss/eMbVTQY7mBE

> 2) My sent "folder" it's empty. This is my configuration:
>
> (setq mu4e-sent-folder   "\[Gmail].Enviados")
>
> (setq
>  mu4e-update-interval 600
>  mu4e-sent-messages-behavior 'delete
>  mu4e-headers-skip-duplicates t
>  mu4e-headers-auto-update t
>  mu4e-compose-complete-addresses t
>  )
>

> If I enter to my Maildir/[Gmail].Enviados/cur folder I see a list of
> files (messages). So why is mu4e not showing those messages?

It's ages since I played with mu4e - do you need somehow to rebuild the
index? Just guessing!

atb

Glyn

* Re: Two mu4e issues
@ 2014-11-05 14:06 ` Hugo M
From: Hugo M @ 2014-11-05 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

El martes, 4 de noviembre de 2014 00:26:14 UTC-3, Hugo M escribió:
> Hello!
>
> 1) Autocomplete for contacts for mu4e is not working for me. I think it may be because of yasnippet but I'm not sure.
>
> C-h c TAB
>
> shows yas-expand when I'm in "To:" field.
>

> 2) My sent "folder" it's empty. This is my configuration:
>
> (setq mu4e-sent-folder   "\[Gmail].Enviados")
>
> (setq
>  mu4e-update-interval 600
>  mu4e-sent-messages-behavior 'delete
>  mu4e-headers-skip-duplicates t
>  mu4e-headers-auto-update t
>  mu4e-compose-complete-addresses t
>  )
>

> If I enter to my Maildir/[Gmail].Enviados/cur folder I see a list of files (messages). So why is mu4e not showing those messages?
>

> Thanks in advance!

mu cfind works OK from command line.

I think I have a configuration problem in Emacs.

Autocompletion of contacts works with autocomplete?

* Re: Two mu4e issues
@ 2014-11-06  2:57   ` Jorge Araya Navarro
       [not found]   ` <mailman.13004.1415248011.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jorge Araya Navarro @ 2014-11-06  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hugo M; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hugo M writes:

> El martes, 4 de noviembre de 2014 00:26:14 UTC-3, Hugo M escribió:
>> Hello!
>>
>> 1) Autocomplete for contacts for mu4e is not working for me. I think it may be because of yasnippet but I'm not sure.
>>
>> C-h c TAB
>>
>> shows yas-expand when I'm in "To:" field.
>>

>> 2) My sent "folder" it's empty. This is my configuration:
>>
>> (setq mu4e-sent-folder   "\[Gmail].Enviados")
>>
>> (setq
>>  mu4e-update-interval 600
>>  mu4e-sent-messages-behavior 'delete
>>  mu4e-headers-skip-duplicates t
>>  mu4e-headers-auto-update t
>>  mu4e-compose-complete-addresses t
>>  )
>>

>> If I enter to my Maildir/[Gmail].Enviados/cur folder I see a list of files (messages). So why is mu4e not showing those messages?
>>

>> Thanks in advance!
>
> mu cfind works OK from command line.
>
> I think I have a configuration problem in Emacs.
>
> Autocompletion of contacts works with autocomplete?

I'm not sure since I use company-mode (I'm a ex-user of autocomplete)

--

@ 2014-11-06  4:26   ` John Mastro
       [not found]   ` <mailman.13004.1415248011.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: John Mastro @ 2014-11-06  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org; +Cc: Hugo M

Hi Hugo,

> Hugo M <ham1988@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I have a configuration problem in Emacs.
>
> Autocompletion of contacts works with autocomplete?

I'm not sure, but you may have better luck on mu's mailing list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/mu-discuss

--
john

* Re: Two mu4e issues
       [not found]   ` <mailman.13004.1415248011.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-06 16:42     ` Hugo M
From: Hugo M @ 2014-11-06 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

El jueves, 6 de noviembre de 2014 01:26:57 UTC-3, John Mastro escribió:
> Hi Hugo,
>
> > Hugo M <ham1988@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think I have a configuration problem in Emacs.
> >
> > Autocompletion of contacts works with autocomplete?
>
> I'm not sure, but you may have better luck on mu's mailing list:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/mu-discuss
>
> --
> john

Thanks, I'll do that.