* convert windows path to cygwin path in emacs
@ 2004-05-28 16:07 Arthur Davis
From: Arthur Davis @ 2004-05-28 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've found that on my windows 2000 machine, I can drag and drop files onto a
shortcut to emacsclient (from cygwin) and the file will open in emacs - well
sort of...  Actually, it gives me a new buffer named the windows pathname.
For instance, if I drag c:\path\file.txt onto my shortcut, I get a new
buffer named c:\path\file.txt.  It would seem like an easy task to add a
hook for opening a file that would look for filenames of this form and
convert them to /cygdrive/c/path/file.txt.  However, I'm not a lisp
programmer and don't know where to start.  Has anyone done this already?
Any pointers?

Thanks,
Arthur

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-05-28 16:07 UTC | newest]