* C++/Java/C modes
@ 2003-11-19 10:38 David Rasmussen
From: David Rasmussen @ 2003-11-19 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Two questions:

1) How do change it so that when I press enter on a line, the cursor is
already at the natural indentation point with spaces inserted before.
Example:

int main()
{
   std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl; <pressing enter>
<cursor is normally here>
   <I want it here>

2) How can I change the auto indentation style so that instead of

   if (whatever) <pressing enter>
<pressing tab, which shouldn't be necesary, if I get a good answer to
question 1>
     <cursor is here!>
   <I want it here>

I guess the last question is about using the

   if (whatever) {
     blabla
   }

style. I (want to) use the

   if (whatever)
   {
     blabla
   }

style.

Help? Maybe I should just give in and go with the flow and use the short
style.

/David