* Indian Languages in emacs
@ 2003-08-01 17:02 Deboo
From: Deboo @ 2003-08-01 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can someone help me use the Indian languages (Devanagari etc) in emacs?
Just setting the Language Environment to i (Indian) Devanagari doesn't
do anything. What else do I need to use it? Is there some tutorial on
how to use it etc?

Thanks,
Deboo

* Re: Indian Languages in emacs
@ 2003-08-02  8:31 ` upro
From: upro @ 2003-08-02  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Deboo <deboo@example.com> writes:

> Can someone help me use the Indian languages (Devanagari etc) in emacs?
> Just setting the Language Environment to i (Indian) Devanagari doesn't
> do anything. What else do I need to use it? Is there some tutorial on
> how to use it etc?
>
> Thanks,
> Deboo
You need to get a working font if C-h h shows only sqares in the Hindi
etc. lines.

I think a good start would be search in emacswiki.org, or google for
"multilingual font for emacs".

HTH

--
Michael