* Minor Mode to make http links clickable?
@ 2010-12-14 16:04 Burton Samograd
       [not found] ` <mailman.6.1292386109.6505.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Burton Samograd @ 2010-12-14 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a minor-mode that would scan the
buffer and make http (and possibly other) links clickable/openable?

Thanks in advance.

--
Burton Samograd

* Re: Minor Mode to make http links clickable?
@ 2010-12-15  4:08 ` Kevin Rodgers
       [not found] ` <mailman.6.1292386109.6505.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2010-12-15  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 12/14/10 9:04 AM, Burton Samograd wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody knows of a minor-mode that would scan the
> buffer and make http (and possibly other) links clickable/openable?

 From browse-url.el:

;; To display a URL by shift-clicking on it, put this in your ~/.emacs
;; file:
;;      (global-set-key [S-mouse-2] 'browse-url-at-mouse)
;; (Note that using Shift-mouse-1 is not desirable because
;; that event has a standard meaning in Emacs.)

Or use local-set-key, within a major mode hook.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA

@ 2010-12-15 15:05   ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2010-12-15 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

> > I was wondering if anybody knows of a minor-mode that would scan the
> > buffer and make http (and possibly other) links clickable/openable?
>
>  From browse-url.el:
>
> ;; To display a URL by shift-clicking on it, put this in your ~/.emacs
> ;; file:
> ;;      (global-set-key [S-mouse-2] 'browse-url-at-mouse)

well works, but is there an easy way to add a behaviour like in org-
mode?

I.e the hyperref is highlighted by a "mouse over" and a simple mouse-1
does the browse-url?

In Org-mode links have a special text-property  "mouse-face:
highlight" and I think this is achieved by the syntax highlighter.

So the more detailed question is:

  Can a minor mode expand the fontifying procedures of a major mode?

cheers
  Rolf

* Re: Minor Mode to make http links clickable?
       [not found] <mailman.8.1292342963.25302.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-12-17 22:58 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2010-12-17 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Burton Samograd <burton@userful.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anybody knows of a minor-mode that would scan the
> buffer and make http (and possibly other) links clickable/openable?

goto-address-mode