* shell-mode command completion with slashes
@ 2008-10-30 16:57 Barry Margolin
       [not found] ` <mailman.2518.1225396148.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Barry Margolin @ 2008-10-30 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm running Emacs 22.2.50 on OS X 10.5.5, and I use shell mode
extensively.  I don't have "." in my $PATH, so if I want to run a
program in the current directory I need to type "./program-name".  I'd
like to be able to type "./prog<TAB>" and have it complete it, but it
doesn't.  I looked at the source code of shell-dynamic-complete-command,
and it explicitly checks for "~" or "/" in the word being completed, and
gives up.  And shell-dynamic-complete-filename gives up if it's being
used for the first word of a command, it only works for arguments.

This used to work, probably before I upgraded from 22.1 to 22.2.  Anyone
know how to get the old behavior back?  Did it use
comint-dynamic-complete-filename instead of
shell-dynamic-complete-filename?  The former doesn't check for the
location in the command, but it also doesn't care whether the file it
completes to is an executable.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA