* Elisp Tutorial dumb question -- but I thought I better doublecheck ??
@ 2007-04-24 16:23 William Case
From: William Case @ 2007-04-24 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EMACS List

Hi;

I am working my way through the elisp tutorial
at :http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/gnu/emacs-lisp-intro/html_mono/emacs-lisp-intro.html#Writing%20Defuns

Section 3.3 on defuns gives an algorithm for the basic defun as:

defun
(defun function-name (arguments ... )
"optional-documentation ..."
(interactive argument-passing-info)
body ... )

and later gives an algorithm for the lambda anonymous function as:
C.4.3 A lambda Expression: Useful Anonymity

(lambda (arg-variables...)
  [documentation-string]
  [interactive-declaration]
  body-forms...)

The differences seem trivial, but can I re-write the lambda algorithm in
terms of the defun algorithm for myself such that:

lambda
(lambda (arguments ... )
	"optional-documentation ..."
	(interactive argument-passing-info)
	body ... )

or would I be missing some significant difference ?

--
Regards Bill