* Create email with selected text as body?
@ 2010-12-16 10:55 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-12-16 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

Is it possible to create an email and include the selected text
automatically in the body of the email?
Essentially, create an email as C-x m does, but to include the selected
text in the body?

Thanks,

Rainer

* Re: Create email with selected text as body?
       [not found] <mailman.0.1292497095.3954.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-12-16 15:53 ` Giorgos Keramidas
From: Giorgos Keramidas @ 2010-12-16 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:55:20 +0100, Rainer M Krug <R.M.Krug@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to create an email and include the selected text
> automatically in the body of the email?
>
> Essentially, create an email as C-x m does, but to include the
> selected text in the body?

I don't know of a command that makes this simpler, but you can always
yank the selected region with `M-w' and paste it to the buffer `C-x m'
pops up.  You can also write a `mail-region' interactive command that
takes care of all this in a single invocation.

Look at the functions `buffer-substring', `message-goto-body' and to the
YANK-ACTION argument of the `compose-mail' function.  It should be
pretty easy to write `mail-region' using these three.

@ 2010-12-17 12:25 ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2010-12-17 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Rainer

Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe :)
---------------------

even if you don't know much elisp it's quite easy to record a macro
which does what you want and to store it permanently in your .emacs.

see http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/KeyboardMacrosTricks#toc5 for
details

(But I have to admit that the resulting code might not be very
portable, because keystrokes  are recorded and not functions,it's been
a while since  an edit-macro-as-function feature is on my wish/todo
list)

Cheers
  Rolf