* How to add dynamic keybindings?
@ 2015-12-29 11:46 Edgar Thier
From: Edgar Thier @ 2015-12-29 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How do I create keybindings based on a configuration file?

What I am trying to do is create a minor mode that loads a configuration
that associates a key with a certain command.

I did not find any information as to how I can create the bindings and
update them when the configuration changes.

What is the simplest way?

* Re: How to add dynamic keybindings?
@ 2015-12-29 14:03 ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-12-29 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Thier, help-gnu-emacs

If I have it right, define-key may help. On Tue, 29 Dec 2015, Edgar Thier

       [not found] <mailman.1219.1451389621.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-12-29 20:28 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2015-12-29 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Edgar Thier <info@edgarthier.net> writes:

> How do I create keybindings based on a configuration file?
>
> What I am trying to do is create a minor mode that loads a configuration
> that associates a key with a certain command.
>
> I did not find any information as to how I can create the bindings and
> update them when the configuration changes.
>
> What is the simplest way?

C-h f define-minor-mode RET

You can either use the KEYMAP argument, (probably best if you have a lot
of bindings), or just use local-set-key in the BODY.

@ 2015-12-30 18:03 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2015-12-30 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:46:54 +0100 Edgar Thier <info@edgarthier.net> wrote:

ET> How do I create keybindings based on a configuration file?
ET> What I am trying to do is create a minor mode that loads a configuration
ET> that associates a key with a certain command.

ET> I did not find any information as to how I can create the bindings and
ET> update them when the configuration changes.

ET> What is the simplest way?

You may find https://github.com/yuutayamada/mykie-el useful.

Ted

* Re: How to add dynamic keybindings?
@ 2016-01-02  9:04   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2016-01-02  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 2015-12-30, at 19:03, Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> You may find https://github.com/yuutayamada/mykie-el useful.
>
> Ted

Wow, nice!  Reminds me of lispy.el.  Good to know!

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University