* line number
@ 2003-08-28  1:03 Stanley Yao
From: Stanley Yao @ 2003-08-28  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,
I did not find any article online describing how to show line numbers on
the left side of each line. Could anybody help me with this?
Thanks,
Stan

* line number
@ 2007-03-03 21:35 Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2007-03-03 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

1 Hi
2
3 how can I number the lines of the buffer so that it shows on the start
4 of each line, kind of a line index like what you see here.
5
6
7 thank you

[parent not found: <mailman.602.1173284002.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]