* Re: Bookmarking web pages inside files?
       [not found] <3303e685-c3d4-4f65-a593-c8515a15e274@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>
@ 2010-07-07 17:24 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-07-07 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:05:52 -0700 (PDT) Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> wrote:

E> is there a package to bookmark web pages inside files? I'm used to
E> note down URLs of related web pages into comments. It would be nice if
E> I could highlight these URLs and send them to a browser.

E> I checked out `linkd-mode', but it seems it works only among local
E> files.

ffap might be what you want.  Use emacs-w3m and you won't have to open a
new browser window/tab.

Ted

@ 2010-07-08  7:24 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2010-07-08  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> is there a package to bookmark web pages inside files? I'm used to
> note down URLs of related web pages into comments. It would be nice if
> I could highlight these URLs and send them to a browser.
>
> I checked out `linkd-mode', but it seems it works only among local
> files.
>
> Thanks.

There are a couple of solutions.

Probably the easiest is to use the browse-url package. Use M-x customize
to configure the browser you want it to use and then put something in
your .emacs file like

(global-set-key "\C-c\C-z." 'browse-url-at-point)
(global-set-key "\C-c\C-zb" 'browse-url-of-buffer)
(global-set-key "\C-c\C-zr" 'browse-url-of-region)
(global-set-key "\C-c\C-zu" 'browse-url)
(global-set-key "\C-c\C-zv" 'browse-url-of-file)

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: Bookmarking web pages inside files?
@ 2010-07-08  7:41   ` Elena
From: Elena @ 2010-07-08  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 8, 7:24 am, Tim X <t...@nospam.dev.null> wrote:
> (global-set-key "\C-c\C-z." 'browse-url-at-point)

`browse-url-at-point' is the command I was looking for. Thanks, Tim.