* Init File Company-Mode Setup
@ 2017-01-18 20:26 Ari King
From: Ari King @ 2017-01-18 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I'm trying to configure company-mode to activate in all buffers, with appropriate back-ends depending on file-type. To that end, I've added the following to my init.el file.

;; Enable global company mode
(require 'company)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'global-company-mode)
(setq company-idle-delay 0.1)
(setq company-minimum-prefix-length 1)
(setq company-backends '((company-capf company-files company-elisp company-inf-ruby company-anaconda company-go company-irony company-clang company-cmake company-css company-yasnippet) (company-dabbrev company-dabbrev-code)))

However, regardless of which file-type I open, company-mode does not automatically activate. Help in sorting this out is appreciated.

Full init.el file is here: http://pastebin.com/eyvvzUPW

* Re: Init File Company-Mode Setup
@ 2017-01-18 20:34 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2017-01-18 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ari King, help-gnu-emacs

Hello!

On 18.01.2017 23:26, Ari King wrote:

> I'm trying to configure company-mode to activate in all buffers, with appropriate back-ends depending on file-type. To that end, I've added the following to my init.el file.
>
> ;; Enable global company mode
> (require 'company)
> (add-hook 'after-init-hook 'global-company-mode)
> (setq company-idle-delay 0.1)
> (setq company-minimum-prefix-length 1)
> (setq company-backends '((company-capf company-files company-elisp company-inf-ruby company-anaconda company-go company-irony company-clang company-cmake company-css company-yasnippet) (company-dabbrev company-dabbrev-code)))

The first thing to try is to remove company-yasnippet. See its docstring
for an explanation.

> However, regardless of which file-type I open, company-mode does not automatically activate. Help in sorting this out is appreciated.

Second: please read this issue, including comments:
https://github.com/company-mode/company-mode/issues/630

> Full init.el file is here: http://pastebin.com/eyvvzUPW

I'm not going to run your init file, sorry.