* Re: How do you scroll the screen without moving the cursor ?
@ 2008-10-08 16:19 Lorenzo Isella
From: Lorenzo Isella @ 2008-10-08 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> aww cool thanks... i just tried the stuffs
>
> this is what i ended up with ->
>
> ;; ^E in Vi
> (defun ctrl-e-in-vi (n)
>  (interactive "p")
>  (scroll-down n))
>
> ;; ^Y in Vi
> (defun ctrl-y-in-vi (n)
>  (interactive "p")
>  (scroll-up n))
>
> (global-set-key "\M-n" 'ctrl-y-in-vi)
> (global-set-key "\M-p" 'ctrl-e-in-vi)

Hello,
Sorry for jumping into this thread. I tried the functions above in my
.emacs file (the only trivial difference is that I keybound them to f1
and f2).
They work beautifully with e.g. python, Fortran etc.. codes, but not
with .tex files (where I use latex).
In that case, the cursor moves when I invoke one of the functions above.
How comes? I am not redefining any key-binding involving my f1 and f2 there.
If needed, I can post the part of my .emacs file dealing with the
customization of auctex, but I am not sure the problem lies there.
Any suggestions?
Cheers

Lorenzo

[parent not found: <mailman.578.1223482753.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]