On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM, timur yildiz wrote: > > I'm having a hard time installing emacs on my mac osx computer. I have > downloaded a few files called emacs-21.4a.tar emacs-22.1.tar and > emacs-22.2.tar but I can't seem to bring up a text editor or install > anything I followed the download link off cprogrammintgools.com is there > any other thing I should do? > > T Yildiz > > > > > > > You can compile the latest version of Emacs from cvs. Open up a terminal window and type cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co emacs this will check out the latest version of emacs. under a folder named emacs. cd emacs ./configure --with-ns make -j2 make install this will build a double clickable native os x application. But before compiling anything check to make sure you have developer tools installed. These come with mac os x install cd's. -- Nurullah Akkaya http://nakkaya.com