On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 10:59:02AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 09:34:02 +0200 > > From: > > > > > Don't rely on that. The OS can create a paging file whenever it sees > > > fit, your configuration notwithstanding. E.g., what do you think > > > happens when your laptop hibernates? > > > > My OS doesn't create "paging files". I told it not to. "Hibernation" > > only happens to RAM (so it's actually a deep sleep). > > > > Perhaps under Windows you, the user, have no say over all of this. > > With a civilised OS you do :-) > > Famous last words. > > Seriously: you should talk to your CISO, if you have one. You _think_ > you control everything on your "civilised" OS, but that's an illusion. > Unless you build your machines yourself, from the ground up, and also > code all the software that runs on it. You just moved the goalposts. We had it about paging files (which in my case would be a partition, but I disgress). I control that. I don't control the IME, alas. At my current employer we haven't a CISO, we are too small (or well, I'm half of that, of sorts). Cheers