On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 08:12:55AM +0200, Marcin Borkowski wrote: > > On 2023-04-14, at 18:11, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote: [...] > > Anyway: my employers so far have decided that they can trust > > my judgement wrt data security, thanks $DEITY. > > That's of course a pleasant experience, but I still think this > discussion is worthwhile. For sure, and I am glad for that. Still, it's a bit jarring to me what people are willing to accept without complaints because it comes from $EMPLOYER. Did it come from the state, they'd all be yelling dictatorship (with a reason). Why does an employer get a free pass on that? I mean: sometimes you have no choice if you want to go buy bread, but rationalising that behaviour goes too far for my taste. > Also, I've seen e.g. reckless developers enamored by ChatGPT and > similar, LLM-based tools, happily providing company information to > them... Yes: trust in your employees is an investment: as an employer you have to put resources into education and into building a trust relationship. But it pays off handsomely. If, as an employer, you insist into treating your employees as a disposable resource, you'll get every data leak you deserve. Cheers -- t