On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 09:52:54AM +0800, Platon Pronko wrote: > On 2023-04-09 22:49, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote: [...] > > What I don't understand is why the overlay doesn't cover the > > whole argument value instead of sticking before it. Perhaps > > this would ease some of the problems? > > > > Cheers > > Why should it? > > (maybe there's a confusion because of the words - what is being used here is technically a zero-width overlay, so it's not "overlaying" anything, it's probably better to call it "inlay") I did understand that it is a zero-width overlay, so the description wasn't confusing to me. > Anyway, even if you make this overlay to cover something it won't solve the problem - it still won't be possible to navigate the cursor to be before or after the hint. For non-zero width overlays, it is quite easy to have point to each side of the overlay's "border": it depends on which side you are coming from. For me, at least, it is intuitive. Quite possibly I'm not understanding what you are trying to achieve. The mental model I got from your description is that the overlay describes some property of the arg value in question (the name given to the corresponding formal argument elsewhere in the function declaration viz. definition). That's why I'd expect the overlay to cover /all/ of the arg value (and let it grow and shrink automatically as the latter is edited by the user). But, as said, perhaps I'm lost in the woods.If yes, then sorry for that :) Cheers -- t