On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 10:20:47PM +0000, Drew Adams wrote: [...] > > Arguably, "zero or more" might be clearer here [...] [...] > 1. I said "More precisely: zero or more" in my > second reply to this thread: I was mulling over the manual's text, not over yours. > Not to belabor this... but perhaps you're missing > understanding _zero as a number_, in "number of > arguments". More precisely: zero or more args. I don't know who "you" is in this context: if you meant "me" -- I do consider zero as a number, even as a natural number (many influences conspirated towards that). My point rather is: - "number" is pretty vague, and in this context often used sloppily [1] as "natural number", sometimes also for "whole number". There are many other "numbers" - not everyone considers zero as a natural number (even mathematicians "disagree" on that: it seems to vary from faculty to faculty) - you need some amount of sloppiness to make a documentation even viable. Cheers -- t