From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
To: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
	<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Printing with timer
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 16:17:42 +0300	[thread overview]

* Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> [2022-12-03 08:15]:
> I would like to insert the letter using a timer.  After each interval, the letter "T" is printed.
> After four intervals, the characters are cleared, and the printing starts again.
>
> Here X means whitespace
>
> XXXX    ; After time interval t (all columns off)
>
> TXXX    ; After time interval t (one column green)
>
> TTXX    ; After time interval t
>
> TTTX    ; After time interval t
>
> TTTT    ; After time interval t
>
> XXXX

If it is for the aircraft flight control system, and you do not write
in that buffer, then maybe you should designate specific character
position, and you should maybe have buffer empty, with characters
 inside, as to delete character and insert one:

(defun my-char-at-place (position char buffer)
  (set-buffer buffer)
  (goto-char position)
  (delete-char 1)
  (insert char))
TXX
(my-char-at-place 886 "X" (current-buffer))
(my-char-at-place 886 "T" (current-buffer))
(my-char-at-place 887 "X" (current-buffer))
(my-char-at-place 888 "X" (current-buffer))

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman