On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 02:48:52PM +0100, Emanuel Berg wrote: [...] > It can be done with regular expressions of course, but ... > I wonder if it isn't better to have some "inexact" search > algorithm [...] > Because the advantage would then also be that even the words > wouldn't have to be exact! > > Interesting, I'd like that myself very much! > > Do we have that? You might enjoy agrep, then. If you want to go further, do some research on weighted Levenshtein distance (there /is/ an elisp function named `string-distance` for you, then). Beyond that, you are firmly in "information retrieval" [1] land, with its diverse and colourful landscape :-) Cheers [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_retrieval -- t