* show tabstop
@ 2003-04-14  8:18 Detlef Jockheck
From: Detlef Jockheck @ 2003-04-14  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is it possible to change the display of tabulator-characters. Im some cases
it's very important to know if there is a tab or 8 spaces.

ciao
Detlef

--
# Detlef Jockheck

* Re: show tabstop
@ 2003-04-14  8:40 ` Tuukka Toivonen
From: Tuukka Toivonen @ 2003-04-14  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7f7qm-7hv.ln1@java.adp-entwicklung.gauselmann.de>, Detlef Jockheck wrote:
> is it possible to change the display of tabulator-characters. Im some cases
> it's very important to know if there is a tab or 8 spaces.

In Emacs you could use "stretch cursor" that makes the cursor fill whole Tab
position if there is one. Or, the following from my .emacs file:

(and standard-display-table (aset standard-display-table ?\C-i  ; Show tabs highlighted
      (vector (+ ?\C-i (* (face-id 'highlight) 524288) ))))

* Re: show tabstop
@ 2003-04-14 17:07 ` Data64
From: Data64 @ 2003-04-14 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Detlef Jockheck <djockheck@gauselmann.de> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to change the display of tabulator-characters. Im some
> cases it's very important to know if there is a tab or 8 spaces.
>
> ciao
> Detlef

I use "blank-mode" for this, which I think I got from
http://www.cpqd.com.br/~vinicius/emacs/ (at least, that's
the URI given in the .el file.

datat64