* i want to translate emacs in albanian....
@ 2004-02-15 16:12 Julian Vasa
From: Julian Vasa @ 2004-02-15 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,
I am an albanian student.I study Computer Science in Italy.I am new to open source...i have read a bit about open source and GNU and i am very interested,really..i wanted to ask you if i could translate emacs in albanian,only to translate.So in this way i could understand how the source code of emacs is made,only for curiosity.I will use this version only for myself and of course not to sell it.And...is there a guide of how to compile emacs?

Thanks
Sincerely Julian Vasa

* Re: i want to translate emacs in albanian....
       [not found] <mailman.2430.1076861510.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-02-15 17:46 ` Harald Maier
From: Harald Maier @ 2004-02-15 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Julian Vasa" <julianvasa@hotmail.com> writes:

> hi, I am an albanian student.I study Computer Science in Italy.I am
> new to open source...i have read a bit about open source and GNU and
> i am very interested,really..i wanted to ask you if i could
> translate emacs in albanian,only to translate.So in this way i could
> understand how the source code of emacs is made,only for curiosity.I
> will use this version only for myself and of course not to sell
> it.And...is there a guide of how to compile emacs?

Currently, there doesn't exist a localized emacs, but it would be
appreciated if you may try to translate the tutorial to Albanian. The
currently available tutorial languages are as follows:

,----
| TUTORIAL.bg
| TUTORIAL.cn
| TUTORIAL.cs
| TUTORIAL.de
| TUTORIAL.es
| TUTORIAL.fr
| TUTORIAL.it
| TUTORIAL.ja
| TUTORIAL.ko
| TUTORIAL.nl
| TUTORIAL.pl
| TUTORIAL.ro
| TUTORIAL.ru
| TUTORIAL.sv
| TUTORIAL.sk
| TUTORIAL.sl
| TUTORIAL.th
| TUTORIAL.zh
`----

As you can see, AL is still missing ;). You will find the English
tutorial in the etc directory of a emacs source tree. Instructions for
compiling a emacs are included in the source distribution, also it's
sometimes a little bit complicated to figure out all the details,
because emacs is ported to many operating systems. Anyway on most
GNU/Linux systems, it's enough to type in, in the emacs directory, the
following commands:

,----
| $ ./configure
| $ make