* [Q] How do I access a message using message id on mailman?
@ 2023-04-26 13:59 Ruijie Yu via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Ruijie Yu via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2023-04-26 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I know this is somewhat tangential to Emacs, but hopefully someone who
frequents the online ML archives (or knows its internals) has the answer
to this.

I'm writing a function that opens up the archive website for a given
mailing list message.  This (it seems to me, at least) requires that the
archive site is capable of converting the message id to a browsable URL.

However, when I tried to search for a recent message id in this list on
lists.gnu.org, the search failed.  In addition, the URL for any given
mail only says "N-th mail" in "which day", which I don't think can be
reliably concluded from a local copy.  Trying to [search engine] it also
didn't yield helpful information.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

--
Best,

RY

[Please note that this mail might go to spam due to some
misconfiguration in my mail server -- still investigating.]