* Using info in emacs requires traversing history
@ 2023-07-06 21:39 uzibalqa
From: uzibalqa @ 2023-07-06 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I am having a problem using the emacs info

I do

C-h i m awk RET
m options RET

I can use q (or Stop Reading Info Icon) to stop reading
I can do back in history or move to previous or next node.

But I cannot easily go to the Top Info Directory and immediately
read the "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual".

I cannot just do

C-h i m eintr

because I am still in Gawk Node 2.2  Command-Line Options.

How can I get back to The Info Directory (dir) Top without having
to go back through all the history ?

* Re: Using info in emacs requires traversing history
@ 2023-07-06 23:33 ` Thorsten Bonow
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2023-07-06 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

[...]

u> How can I get back to The Info Directory (dir) Top without having to go back
u> through all the history ?

Press "d".  And after that, you can read the text at the top of Top where it
is all explained.

Toto

--
Sent from my GNU Emacs running on GNU/Linux

* RE: [External] : Using info in emacs requires traversing history
@ 2023-07-07  0:58 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2023-07-07  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uzibalqa, 'Help-Gnu-Emacs (help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org)'