* eshell - win32 - executable files
@ 2003-01-18 22:01 matt
From: matt @ 2003-01-18 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

This may be something that I need to do in the Windows registry, but...

How can I specify which files are executable. On a windows system there
are the normal ones like .exe, .bat, .com, etc. What I want to do is to
tell emacs that another type of file is executable, so that I can just
type the filename and have it execute like any other command.
Specifically, a perl script. I want to be able to execute say
"myscript.pl" without having to type: perl path_to_script/myscript.pl. I
have the file association set in explorer, and the path to the script is
in my path. I can execute it in cmd.exe by typing myscript.pl, but not
in eshell.

Any ideas?

TIA -- Matt
--