* abbrev-mode: "SF" -> "SourceForge"?
       [not found] <200702051716.l15HGwgH002793@e35.co.us.ibm.com>
@ 2007-02-05 20:13 ` Thomas L Roche
       [not found] ` <mailman.4061.1170706397.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Thomas L Roche @ 2007-02-05 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm using

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2004-03-22 on cm-test

and getting back into abbrev-mode after a long absence. I notice that
when I have

    ("sf" "SourceForge" nil 0)
;    ("SF" "SourceForge" nil 0)

in my .abbrev_defs, I get

"sf" -> "SourceForge"
"SF" -> "SOURCEFORGE"

By contrast, when I have

;    ("sf" "SourceForge" nil 0)
    ("SF" "SourceForge" nil 0)

in my .abbrev_defs, I get no mapping, i.e.

"SF" -> "SF"

Can I configure emacs to give the mapping

"SF" -> "SourceForge"

? Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I'm not seeing an answer either in
the Info or the FAQ or googling. Please reply directly to me (as well
as the list) if possible, feel free to forward, and TIA.

* Re: abbrev-mode: "SF" -> "SourceForge"?
       [not found] ` <mailman.4061.1170706397.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-02-05 20:33   ` HS
From: HS @ 2007-02-05 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 5 fev, 17:13, Thomas L Roche <tlro...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I'm using
>
> GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2004-03-22 on cm-test
>
> and getting back into abbrev-mode after a long absence. I notice that
> when I have
>
>     ("sf" "SourceForge" nil 0)
> ;    ("SF" "SourceForge" nil 0)
>
> in my .abbrev_defs, I get
>
> "sf" -> "SourceForge"
> "SF" -> "SOURCEFORGE"
>
> By contrast, when I have
>
> ;    ("sf" "SourceForge" nil 0)
>     ("SF" "SourceForge" nil 0)
>
> in my .abbrev_defs, I get no mapping, i.e.
>
> "SF" -> "SF"
>
> Can I configure emacs to give the mapping
>
> "SF" -> "SourceForge"
>
> ? Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I'm not seeing an answer either in
> the Info or the FAQ or googling. Please reply directly to me (as well
> as the list) if possible, feel free to forward, and TIA.

I just found this in the customize buffer:

Abbrev All Caps: Hide Value Toggle  off (nil)
   State: STANDARD.
Set non-nil means expand multi-word abbrevs all caps if abbrev was so.

Try this, maybe it solves your problem... You can get there doing a M-
x customize-group, abbrev-mode.

Cheers,
HS

* Re: abbrev-mode: "SF" -> "SourceForge"?
       [not found] <200702052041.l15KfghG013887@e34.co.us.ibm.com>
@ 2007-02-05 21:11 ` Thomas L Roche
From: Thomas L Roche @ 2007-02-05 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tom Roche 5 fev, 17:13
>> Can I configure emacs to give the mapping

>> "SF" -> "SourceForge"

>> ?

HS 5 Feb 2007 12:33:33 -0800
> I just found this in the customize buffer:

> Abbrev All Caps: Hide Value Toggle  off (nil)
>    State: STANDARD.
> Set non-nil means expand multi-word abbrevs all caps if abbrev was so.

> Try this, maybe it solves your problem...

Unfortunately no. I had abbrev-all-caps=nil, in which (as previously
related)

* .abbrev_defs containing

    ("sf" "SourceForge" nil 0)
;    ("SF" "SourceForge" nil 0)