* Can't access the menu bar
@ 2003-03-24 16:42 Dan Lior
From: Dan Lior @ 2003-03-24 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm using the libranet 2.0 distribution of Linux which came with a version of emacs (I think 20.7) that seems to work fine.

I'm working through a book GNU Emac and XEmacs that suggests, as a learning experience, that i should download the latest source for emacs and compile it on my own. I've done that. On first inspection, it seems to have succeeded however unlike the previous version, I can't use the mouse to access the menu bar (The mouse is working and I can select text with it).

Q1) Did make a mistake with my instalation? Perhaps I should set some flags when I invoke ./configure ?

Q2) Is there a key sequence I can use to get access to the menu bar?

thanks in advance,
dan

* Re: Can't access the menu bar
       [not found] <mailman.3572.1048524165.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-03-25  9:59 ` Thomas Haselberger
From: Thomas Haselberger @ 2003-03-25  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Dan Lior" <dan_lior@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using the libranet 2.0 distribution of Linux which came with a version of emacs (I think 20.7)
> that seems to work fine.
>
> I'm working through a book GNU Emac and XEmacs that suggests, as a learning experience, that i
> should download the latest source for emacs and compile it on my own. I've done that. On first
> inspection, it seems to have succeeded however unlike the previous version, I can't use the mouse
> to access the menu bar (The mouse is working and I can select text with it).
>
> Q1) Did make a mistake with my instalation? Perhaps I should set some flags when I invoke ./
> configure ?

don't know

> Q2) Is there a key sequence I can use to get access to the menu bar?

M-x tmm-menu
should do it