* escape characters in emacs20 shell mode
@ 2002-11-13 18:21 Nimar Arora
       [not found] ` <mailman.1037219095.31729.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Nimar Arora @ 2002-11-13 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm running emacs20 on a Linux (Debian - Woody/stable)
virtual console. When I enter an emacs shell and try
to execute some command - like 'ls' - the output
contains a whole of junk - [[0m etc. These look like
the escape characters which can control the display
attributes on some terminals. I don't understand why
I'm getting these. I don't even have a .emacs file
yet, so I haven't changed the default configuration.

I tried, 'E-x shell-strip-ctrl-m' but to no avail. I
also tried to lookup the info on Emacs shell mode to
see if Debian has created some funky shell mode but
couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Nimar

http://launch.yahoo.com/u2