* save-desktop
@ 2002-11-04  9:30 Dmitry Trunikov
From: Dmitry Trunikov @ 2002-11-04  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello friends :)
I need in your help. I use emacs 21.1 on Linux. Tell me please how can I
store current emacs'es desktop (all opened buffers) for restoring it in
future? Thnx.

* Re: save-desktop
       [not found] <mailman.1036402854.18738.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-11-04  9:54 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-11-04  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Trunikov <tda@quasarlabs.com> writes:

> I need in your help. I use emacs 21.1 on Linux. Tell me please how can I
> store current emacs'es desktop (all opened buffers) for restoring it in
> future? Thnx.

  See the node "Saving Emacs Sessions" in the fine manual.

--
Booting... /vmemacs.el

* Re: save-desktop
@ 2002-11-04 10:04 ` Alfred M. Szmidt
From: Alfred M. Szmidt @ 2002-11-04 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

   I need in your help. I use emacs 21.1 on Linux. Tell me please how can I
   store current emacs'es desktop (all opened buffers) for restoring it in
   future? Thnx.

You cannot use Emacs 21.1 on Linux, you probobly mean GNU/Linux,
please see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html,
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html and
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html.

From (emacs)Saving Emacs Sessions:

   To use Desktop, you should use the Customization buffer (*note Easy
Customization::) to set `desktop-enable' to a non-`nil' value, or add
these lines at the end of your `.emacs' file:

     (desktop-load-default)
     (desktop-read)

The first time you save the state of the Emacs session, you must do it
manually, with the command `M-x desktop-save'.  Once you have done
that, exiting Emacs will save the state again--not only the present
Emacs session, but also subsequent sessions.  You can also save the
state at any time, without exiting Emacs, by typing `M-x desktop-save'
again.