* Two tramp questions
@ 2007-10-24 14:58 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2007-10-24 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I use tramp to edit remote or root files. Although I've read
tramp works well with ido-mode I don't understand it. If ido (or
icicles) is enabled the moment I start typing '/ssh:...'  into
the the minibuffer a tramp process is started and dies right
away. No problem if both are disabled. Usually I simply evaluate
a form like this in a buffer (find-file
"/ssh:user@remote:/home/user") which spares me to disable/enable
both modes.

Another question: How can I start tramps ssh with X forwarding
(with the -X option)?

henry