* Having the prolog buffer in a different frame.
@ 2006-01-21  7:53 Lars Bungum
From: Lars Bungum @ 2006-01-21  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks!

I'm using prolog mode (prolog.el) and it works well, but there is one
little issue that bugs be.  If I choose "Consult" a file, region or
buffer, it compiles and evaluates and opens a new prolog session with
the new predicates taken in mind *within* the current frame.  I like to
have two frames, though, with the prolog session next to the one editing
the predicates.

Basically, I would like to tell Emacs, that if there already is a prolog
session (buffer) running in a different frame, it should not open a new
view of this in the current frame.

How? :)

--lars

* RE: Having the prolog buffer in a different frame.
@ 2006-01-21 15:19 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2006-01-21 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

    I'm using prolog mode (prolog.el) and it works well, but there is one
    little issue that bugs be.  If I choose "Consult" a file, region or
    buffer, it compiles and evaluates and opens a new prolog session with
    the new predicates taken in mind *within* the current frame.  I like to
    have two frames, though, with the prolog session next to the
    one editing
    the predicates.

    Basically, I would like to tell Emacs, that if there already is
    a prolog
    session (buffer) running in a different frame, it should not open a new
    view of this in the current frame.

    How? :)

Try setting `pop-up-frames' to `t'. Otherwise, check the doc for prolog-mode
(`C-h m' when you're in prolog mode) to see if there is a specific option
for this. Try also `M-x apropos RET prolog'.

* Re: Having the prolog buffer in a different frame.
       [not found] <mailman.2040.1137856946.26925.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-01-22  8:25 ` Lars Bungum
From: Lars Bungum @ 2006-01-22  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Drew Adams wrote:
>     Basically, I would like to tell Emacs, that if there already is
>     a prolog
>     session (buffer) running in a different frame, it should not open a new
>     view of this in the current frame.
>
>     How? :)
>
> Try setting `pop-up-frames' to `t'. Otherwise, check the doc for prolog-mode
> (`C-h m' when you're in prolog mode) to see if there is a specific option
> for this. Try also `M-x apropos RET prolog'.

Thanks, Drew, that worked like a charm.  I felt a little useless as I
didn't know how to .emacs this setting.  So for googlers:

(setq pop-up-frames t)

Thanks a bunch.

--lars