[Forwarding my initial msg to the list, as it got dropped from Reply All] > Is there a way to adjust an Emacs config so that it adjusts the default > zoom level to +1 or +2? > > I ask because on my work Macbook, the default fonts are so small, but > this is a limitation because of how dumb Macbooks interpret screen > resolution when you connect two monitors to it since its based upon the > laptop screen's resolution as the standard. Otherwise, you would have > to blow up the text and font size of everything within the MacOS > settings which makes web browsers look really jenky. > > With this in mind, is there any way to adjust the 'text-scale-adjust' > value so that it starts at +1 no matter what? Why do you want to start with +1 `text-scale-adjust', as opposed to just setting the font with the size you want in `default-frame-alist'? That will give you the baseline size you want for text-scaling (as zero, not as +1). (You could adjust that setting to whatever platform you're currently running Emacs on.)