Hi, I've tried to fix bug #7937 (my patch is attached). I've also tried to join the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list but I don't think the subscription request has completed yet. Is it required to be a member of that mailing list before sending a message to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org? Also, is it ok to have the subject of my email formatted as I do here ("bug#XYZ: --description--")? Further, given that I'm currently unemployed for the next week is it acceptable to submit code without an employer signing any paperwork as I don't technically have an employer? In the past I have completed the copyright assignment for emacs ( gnu.org #1776190 via Craig Topham). -steve