On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Drew Adams wrote: > Are you using the development version of Emacs (aka Emacs 24)? > > If so, I have no idea whether this will help or help you find the problem, > but > you might try doing this to see if it makes a difference: > > (setq-default bidi-display-reordering nil) > This helped me with my slow scroll issues. Holding down arrow on a fully maximized frame on a 1080p monitor was spiking my duo-core CPU to 20-25%. Scrolling text. 50% of one CPU. Just to scroll text. And it would start jumping around almost right away. With this setting, it goes down to 8-14% while scrolling. Still kind of silly, but that's better than emacs23. Do you have any other useful emacs24 settings? -- Le