Hi Minejima, On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Minejima Yuji wrote: > Hi, there. > I'm the author of mcomplete.el package which does minibuffer completion > with prefix and substring matching. > http://homepage1.nifty.com/bmonkey/emacs/elisp/mcomplete.el > > I've been away from Emacs and Elisp for several years now. But I decided to > come back. Back then, some people toled me that they loved mcomplete.el. > I have very fond memories of using mcomplete. And I still carry it around, although it hasn't been loaded as part of my Emacs init for some time. Thank you for contributing your time to improve my Emacs experience! > But time flies like an arrow, I'm not sure if it's still relevant to the > current > Emacs environment. > > Does some other package overtake its functionality? Or does Emacs no > longer need it because it already does the same thing on its own? > I believe ido, which is a part of Emacs 24 has very similar functionality. Although helm is the completion package I've settled on. https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm -- Le