* Default Window Size
@ 2016-07-08 14:49 Sky Nerd
From: Sky Nerd @ 2016-07-08 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
I'm a beginner at Emacs in general and installed GNU Emacs for windows not
too long ago. Whenever I start Emacs, the window is in a really weird
position: the bottom part is always cut off at the bottom of the screen.

I cannot find a way to adjust the default window size. Resizing the window
"manually" usually fixes this problem with other Windows programs, but not
Emacs.

Can someone give me simple instructions on how to change the default window
size? Even starting the program maximized as a default would be a great
help.

Thanks,
Nathan

* Default Window Size
@ 2008-09-12  7:13 stephan.zimmer
From: stephan.zimmer @ 2008-09-12  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hallo all,

is there any way to set the default window size of emacs in .emacs?
I.e. to achieve the same effect as starting with --geometry=width x
height? If not, is there any workaround for that, i.e., placing some
default command line options in an environment variable?

For a given window, is there any way to locally restrict the width to
a certain value? I.e., say the window has width 200, but in a certain
buffer I don't want to exceed the 80 signs limit.

Thanks a lot. Best,

Stephan