* Error connecting to TLS ELPA since 27.1
@ 2020-09-26 12:20 Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2020-09-26 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs

Hi Everyone,

Since upgrading to 27.1 a few days ago when interacting with ELPA I get the
following error:

```
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving:
https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents (error connection-failed
"connect" :host "elpa.gnu.org" \
:service 443)
```

I recall seeing some changes to TLS in the NEWS file this time around. Is
there anything I can do to debug this? I appear to be able to install
packages from ELPA (I just bumped to org 9.4 for instance) so this appears
to be innocuous but obviously I would love for it not to be happening. :)

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

https://blog.twonegatives.com
http://five.sentenc.es

* Re: Error connecting to TLS ELPA since 27.1
@ 2020-09-30 17:26 ` Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2020-09-30 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 8:20 AM Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since upgrading to 27.1 a few days ago when interacting with ELPA I get
> the following error:
>
> ```
> error in process sentinel: Error retrieving:
> https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents (error connection-failed
> "connect" :host "elpa.gnu.org" \
> :service 443)
> ```
>
> I recall seeing some changes to TLS in the NEWS file this time around. Is
> there anything I can do to debug this? I appear to be able to install
> packages from ELPA (I just bumped to org 9.4 for instance) so this appears
> to be innocuous but obviously I would love for it not to be happening. :)
>
> Thanks in advance!

Trying to ping once. Otherwise I'll move on. :)