On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 10:12 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > From: Hongyi Zhao > > Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:22:36 +0800 > > Cc: help-gnu-emacs > > > > > > But I waited a minute and didn't see any matching results highlighted > > > > on the screen, as shown in the attached file. > > > > > > With what value of max-redisplay-ticks? > > > > (setq max-redisplay-ticks 250000) > > Then I cannot reproduce this. In my case, Emacs pops up a window > showing the *Warnings* buffer which says: > > Window showing buffer __tmp.symbols takes too long to redisplay OK. Let me take a concrete result as an example. If I search `|isgroup|', then VSCode will give the only result immediately as shown in the attached file. Now, how can I achieve this in Emacs? > > > Can VSCode be programmed to changed its display and its commands like > > > Emacs can? > > > > Not clear. My description of the behavior of it and its specific > > third-party plug-ins is based on the corresponding default settings. > > VSCode is a different program with different display routines and > different features. Best, Hongsheng