Here is the file runmacs.bat that I use for loading emacs date cd LOCATION ./src/emacs -q --load ~/dmp-emacs--yes-init-file.el --eval "(setq debug-on-error t)" --debug-init & where LOCATION is the location of your emacs executable file. On my computer it is: ~/Downloads/emacs-29.1/ Please copy the attached files dmp-emacs--yes-file.el and includer.el to your HOME folder. The following commands all give an error message like this: byte-code: Recursive ‘require’ for feature ‘semantic’ Here is a list of the commands that generate the above-mentioned error: M-% M-/ M-. C-h a C-s C-r M-C-s M-C-r Why doesn't it show a backtrace since I have --debug-init on the command line? NOTE: I have removed the following sentence from my Website http://davin.50webs.com: "In addition to this, I believe that I am New Zealand's foremost exponent of Stallman's GNU Emacs text editor." in the hope that it will attract more people in the newsgroup gnu.emacs.help to reply to this message. -- Sincerely and kindest regards, *Davin Pearson* http://davin.50webs.com