* Flashing page border in DocView
@ 2014-09-18 18:38 Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2014-09-18 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Just 'discovered' DocView mode to view pdf files :)

One aspect does annoy me though: it shows the page border with a fine line.
No problem with that, but it is flashing every second. That is a definite
no-no!

I failed to detect how I can turn this into a steady line or have it
disappear completely. Either solution is ok for me.

M-x version:
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1187.37) of
2013-05-18 on zac.local

TIA for your help.

Guido

* Re: Flashing page border in DocView
@ 2014-09-18 18:47 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-09-18 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:38:28 +0200
>
> One aspect does annoy me though: it shows the page border with a fine line.
> No problem with that, but it is flashing every second. That is a definite
> no-no!
>
> I failed to detect how I can turn this into a steady line or have it
> disappear completely. Either solution is ok for me.

Does it help to disable blink-cursor-mode?

* Re: Flashing page border in DocView
@ 2014-09-18 18:51   ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2014-09-18 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Eli,

On 18 September 2014 20:47, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com>
> > Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:38:28 +0200
> >
> > One aspect does annoy me though: it shows the page border with a fine
> line.
> > No problem with that, but it is flashing every second. That is a definite
> > no-no!
> >
> > I failed to detect how I can turn this into a steady line or have it
> > disappear completely. Either solution is ok for me.
>
> Does it help to disable blink-cursor-mode?
>
> ​It does :)

Thanks a lot!

Now need a way to only do this in DocView buffers :)

Have a nice evening,

       [not found] <mailman.9134.1411065887.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-09-18 18:56 ` marcowahlsoft
From: marcowahlsoft @ 2014-09-18 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:

> Just 'discovered' DocView mode to view pdf files :)
>
> One aspect does annoy me though: it shows the page border with a fine line.
> No problem with that, but it is flashing every second. That is a definite
> no-no!
>
> I failed to detect how I can turn this into a steady line or have it
> disappear completely. Either solution is ok for me.

Just a guess: is it the cursor?  You might use M-x blink-cursor-mode to
switch off the cursor.

HTH,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de