Is there a way to tell to CEDET, don't use your preprocessor. I've the mine. And then I give the gcc command line I want (already tested on my project and do preprocessing correctly) ? On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Richard Riley wrote: > Steve Revilak writes: > > >>From: Abdellatif El Khlifi > > > >>I am trying to use Emacs as an IDE in my Linux kernel development > projects. > >>So I installed CEDET and GNU Global (gtags) with no problems. > >> > >>When I open a C source code belonging to my Linux kernel source folder, > the > >>linux project is detected automatically. Functions, variables, headers > and > >>other keywords are highlighted correctly. > >> > >>Through the ~/.emacs file I configured semantic's code completion and > >>intellisense. So when I press C- the code completion menu appears > and I > >>can choose what's needed. > >> > >>The issue is when I use preprocessor defines, the intellisense system > shows > >>the menu on the current location but doesn't detect the right things when > >>invoked (C-). Even I close and restart emacs the same behavior is > >>reproduced. > > > > I thought that global didn't index preprocessor defines. > > > > No, but Cedet should/could/does. It parses the C++ itself. > > > > > -- Abdellatif El Khlifi abdellatif@ieee.org http://abdellatif.emurse.com/