From: Evan Aad <oddeveneven@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to justify a line of text in the GUI?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:54:55 +0200	[thread overview]

Emmanuel, unfortunately you grotesquely misunderstand the gist of my question.

To pick up your example of HTML. Suppose you write an HTML document,
and the text editor in which you compose it displays every other
letter in a different size. When viewed in a web browser the HTML file
displays as intended, the problem is with the text editor used to edit
the source code. You complain about this problem in a mail listing
dedicated to this text editor. You say you'd like all letters of the
source code to have a consistent size. To which one of the members of
the mailing list replies: "It appears you want the source code to look
like it would in a browser, but when viewed in a browser an HTML file
is never gonna look even remotely the same as the source code, and you
don't want it to." But this is an absurd reply that completely misses
the point.