* fonset and color-theme
@ 2007-10-15 16:12 david60
From: david60 @ 2007-10-15 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using emacs 22 under ubuntu. When I start emacs in terminal
(emacs -nw), I like the way it looks with the font of the terminal. My
problem is that I don't know what to add in my .emacs so that emacs in
X window looks like emacs in terminal.
Can anyone helps me?

* Re: fonset and color-theme
@ 2007-10-15 18:20 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-10-15 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

david60 <savourey@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using emacs 22 under ubuntu. When I start emacs in terminal
> (emacs -nw), I like the way it looks with the font of the terminal. My
> problem is that I don't know what to add in my .emacs so that emacs in
> X window looks like emacs in terminal.

Which terminal emulator are you using?  What do you like about it?

I suggest downloading and installing Emacs with Xft, and using Xft for
font selection (e.g. allows you to choose "Dejavu Sans" instead of the
xfs selection string).

<http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/XftGnuEmacs>

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

* Re: fonset and color-theme
@ 2007-10-16 17:56 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-10-16 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david60; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 15.10.2007 um 18:12 schrieb david60:

> I am using emacs 22 under ubuntu. When I start emacs in terminal
> (emacs -nw), I like the way it looks with the font of the terminal. My
> problem is that I don't know what to add in my .emacs so that emacs in
> X window looks like emacs in terminal.

Determine that font, pass its name on the command line to GNU Emacs
via -fn, put it into ~/.Xdefaults into the X resources, or use the
commands set-frame-font or something like:

         (setq default-frame-alist '(
;         (background-color     . "ghost white")
;         (foreground-color     . "grey10")
;         (cursor-color         . "purple")
;         (cursor-type          . box)
;         (vertical-scroll-bars . left)
;         (alpha                . (87 75))
;         (active-alpha         . 0.875)
;         (inactive-alpha       . 0.75)
;         (font . "fontset-12pt_bitstream_courier")
           (font . "-*-*-medium-r-normal--9-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-
hiraginokaku")
;         (top . 20) (left . 150) (width . 89) (height . 56))
	)

There is also initial-frame-alist.

--
Greetings

   Pete

One-Shot Case Study, n.:
         The scientific equivalent of the four-leaf clover, from
         which it is concluded all clovers possess four leaves
         and are sometimes green.