* Apache Struts view in Emacs Lisp
@ 2008-03-07 16:03 Corey Foote
From: Corey Foote @ 2008-03-07 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've been given the responsibility of
creating a web application using Apache Struts. For those of you who
don't know, Struts is a Web Framework which facilitates the
development of Java web applications using the Model-View-Controller
Design pattern.

From what I've read, Struts does not
provide, nor is it dependent on, a specific presentation technology.
Since the view is decoupled from the model, it is possible to support
multiple views, each for a different client type, using the same
model component. I'm interested in creating a view which is
implemented in Emacs Lisp in addition to the view which I am already
creating using Java Server Pages. This would provide a front-end for my
application's emacs users, while my non-emacs users would be free to
access the application through the web.I'm looking for some guidance on
implementing such a view. Does anybody have experience with this, or
could point me to some helpful examples or documentation?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Corey Foote

* Re: Apache Struts view in Emacs Lisp
       [not found] <mailman.8507.1204905791.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-03-07 18:47 ` Chris McMahan
From: Chris McMahan @ 2008-03-07 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I may be missing something here, but why not just implement
your JSP/HTML view and use emacs with w3m?

Also, some more specific information on what you're trying to with the
app might be helpful. What does the app do?

- Chris

--
     (.   .)