* German umlaut and Mac-encoding
@ 2005-03-10  5:53 Jörg Eschenfelder
From: Jörg Eschenfelder @ 2005-03-10  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am a newbie on Emacs and want to try it. On my first steps I noticed that
I cannot type german umlaute (e.g. äöü) and other special characters which
are defined on my Apple iBook.
I am using an Apple iBook with Mac OSX (10.3) and a german keyboard. What do
I have to do to adapt Emacs (I choose the japanese version Apple regarded on
ist site)? I want to type as usual and get the same characters as usual.

Bye,
Joerg Eschenfelder