* German umlaut and Mac-encoding
@ 2005-03-10  5:53 Jörg Eschenfelder
From: Jörg Eschenfelder @ 2005-03-10  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am a newbie on Emacs and want to try it. On my first steps I noticed that
I cannot type german umlaute (e.g. äöü) and other special characters which
are defined on my Apple iBook.
I am using an Apple iBook with Mac OSX (10.3) and a german keyboard. What do
I have to do to adapt Emacs (I choose the japanese version Apple regarded on
ist site)? I want to type as usual and get the same characters as usual.

Bye,
Joerg Eschenfelder

* Re: German umlaut and Mac-encoding
       [not found] <mailman.3230.1110435652.32256.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-03-10  6:41 ` Ulrich Hobelmann
From: Ulrich Hobelmann @ 2005-03-10  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jörg Eschenfelder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie on Emacs and want to try it. On my first steps I noticed that
> I cannot type german umlaute (e.g. äöü) and other special characters which
> are defined on my Apple iBook.
> I am using an Apple iBook with Mac OSX (10.3) and a german keyboard. What do
> I have to do to adapt Emacs (I choose the japanese version Apple regarded on
> ist site)? I want to type as usual and get the same characters as usual.
>
> Bye,
> Joerg Eschenfelder

Hi, I asked the exact same stuff a couple of days ago.
Please read above threads labelled "Special characters on Emacs/Mac?"
and "Special Characters on Mac Emacs" before you ask more ;)

Especially the latter one might help you if you don't mind the font.

* Re: German umlaut and Mac-encoding
@ 2005-03-10  9:35   ` Joerg
From: Joerg @ 2005-03-10  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I looked in the archive and found the
information I was looking.

Have a nice day.

Bye,

Joerg