* How to emacs input from stdin with pipe?
@ 2008-10-08  6:44 Sangmin Ryu
From: Sangmin Ryu @ 2008-10-08  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want below using

ls | vim -

now I think about -t option like that operation. But I fail in spite of many
trying.

 -t file Use  specified  file  as  the terminal instead of using
stdin/stdout.  This must be the first
         argument specified in the command line.

I want to use emacs in that situation.

--
http://neocoin.net

* Re: How to emacs input from stdin with pipe?
@ 2008-10-08 19:32 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-10-08 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Sangmin Ryu; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 08.10.2008 um 08:44 schrieb Sangmin Ryu:

> I want to use emacs in that situation.

Have you thought of using a shell process or such in which you can
execute the ls command? Another option is to execute M-x shell-
command RET ls RET. Then you'll have a buffer  *Shell Command Output*
buffer that contains ls' output.

--
Greetings

   Pete

A lot of us are working harder than we want, at things we don't like
to do. Why? ...In order to afford the sort of existence we don't care
to live.
				– Bradford Angier