Am 12.10.2012 um 18:29 schrieb Eli Zaretskii: >> Not that easily. I remember that some development version of GNU Emacs 24 came with visual-line-mode on. For me it was hard to navigate, the cursor stopped in every /visible/ line and did not visit the next line of text… > > I think you are talking about bugs in early versions of the > bidirectional display engine. No, no, it still happens today. Maybe I am not finding the right words… The text cursor travels through every visible line of text, for example hitting the columns 12, 59, 107, … also these positions all belong to one long line of broken text. There is also no fixed rule by which the column number increases (or decreases when going towards the top of the buffer). This is really disturbing, I instantly assumed column-number-mode was broken. And while I was testing this behaviour again it happened that I could not position by means of the mouse the cursor onto every column of a long broken line, i.e., most columns, for example those of the first part or the beginning of the broken line, could not be reached. And there also lines segments containing the last part of a broken line that cannot be reached at all, neither with the mouse nor by using the cursor movement keys… And although I removed any white space on the lines after the (black) text had ended, I can see the cursor stay in that deleted white space: