* xemacs to emacs, missing shell mode feature
@ 2007-04-30 15:07 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2007-04-30 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm used to typing the start of a previous command, then M-p to pull up the
previous command that starts with that prefix.  I know emacs shell mode
has !command[tab], but that only finds 1 match.  With the xemacs feature, I
hit M-p to show the 1st previous match, if that's not the one I want I just
hit M-p again, etc.  Does emacs have a similar feature?

[parent not found: <mailman.2737.1177946203.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <46361213.09ff88bf.5fb3.4beaSMTPIN_ADDED@mx.google.com>]