From: "Ewen Cartwright" <ewen.cartwright@abcam.com>
Subject: Dynamic expansion in html-mode
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:55:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi there,

I'm using html-mode to edit ColdFusion files in Emacs 22.0.50.1 on
win32. Previously, in Emacs 21, dynamic expansion would allow me to
expand names like 'whatever' if, for instance, 'form.whatever' was
defined in a buffer. Likewise, if the cursor was positioned over the
'whatever' in 'form.whatever', then M-. would default to the tag name
'whatever'.

However, Emacs 22 will only recognize 'form.whatever' as an expansion,
and will pick up 'form.whatever' as the tag name to find. I'd far rather
have the Emacs 21 behaviour for these operations, and I'm guessing that
somewhere in sgml-mode or html-mode I need to tell emacs that '.' is a
word separator in order to achieve this. Could anyone point me in the
right direction?

Thanks in advance,

/ewen